Long Awaited

I’ve finally started and finished a hat for Justin, Mark’s brother.  When I finished the hat for Mark back in April, Justin said he wanted one too.  So I had him pick out the yarn he wanted….and then didn’t actually start the hat until the beginning of this month… whoops.

I used the same pattern from Ravelry that was used to make Mark’s hat, including my own modifications (length, etc).  It is slightly longer than what the pattern calls for (maybe about a half inch longer).  Nothing major.

I used a different kind of yarn than what was used for Mark’s hat and I’m not sure which I like better.  I think Mark’s feels more cushion-y, but Justin’s knit up nicely, too… and the decreasing to make the top of the hat looks cleaner on Mark’s.  Oh well.  Mark’s is 100% acrylic and Justin’s is 100% cotton so they feel somewhat different.

Oh and Mark wore his hat today 🙂

Advertisements